This week at FHCI
Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 01/13/2014 - 08:21
1. Although scheduled league games are continuing in a variety of sports, other school activities have taken a back seat to culminating activities and exam preparation. Please be sure your child knows when evaluations are scheduled—check the culminating activities schedule and the exam schedule. Extra printed copies are available for pick up in the main office.
2. Monday, January 13: Valedictorian applications are due by 12:00 noon.
3. Tuesday, January 14: Valedictorian vote in Period 1 class.
Students without a Period 1 class may complete and submit a ballot to the main office on Tuesday.
4. Thursday, January 16: Course information presentation in classes.
On Thursday, teachers in each Grade 9, 10 and 11 class will give students information about the next years' courses in their subject area. This will be repeated in February for the Semester 2 classes. This information is provided to assist students in the course selection process for September 2014 and is in addition to the information they will receive in February's course selection assemblies.
Looking ahead to the following week...
5. EQAO Math Test: Monday, January 20 and Tuesday, January 21
Students in Grade 9 Applied and Academic math classes this term will write the mandatory EQAO math test on Monday and Tuesday. If your child is in an ESL class or has an IEP, you have received an email from me about the accommodations which will be in place for your child. If you have not received that email, please contact me.
6. Civics exam: Tuesday, January 21 in classes
This exam will be written by all students enrolled in Grade 10 Civics this term. Students must be in class for this exam.
7. Tutorial Morning: Wednesday, January 22
There will be no formal classes on January 22. All teachers will be available for extra help from 9:00 to 11:00 on Wednesday. A schedule will follow.
8. Semester 2 Timetables: Changes must be completed by January 29
Semester 2 timetables were distributed to students last week. Printed on the timetables was the reminder that all Semester 2 timetable changes must be completed by January 29. There will be no timetables changes after January 29.
9. Optional Attendance Application Deadline: Friday, January 31
As I wrote in an earlier email, students who wish to apply to attend a different TDSB high school must submit their completed form, signed by their current principal, to the requested school by January 31. Applications for FHCI students are available in the main office.
Principal, Forest Hill Collegiate Institute
730 Eglinton Ave W
Toronto, ON M5N 1B9
Where students and staff take a stand against bullying
416 393-1860 x 20010