Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 04/27/2015 - 07:52
• Congratulations to Ms. Dalamba, the cast and crew of “Into the Woods.” The actors interwove their characters masterfully. The students behind the scenes made sure the performances ran without a hitch. Thursday and Friday night’s audiences were delighted with every aspect of the play.
• The deadline for the early bird special for Grade 9 students signing up for Camp Wanakita, October 2015, is Thursday, April 30. You are encouraged to get your forms and payments in by Thursday.
This week at FHCI…
1. Spirit Week: Monday, April 27 to Friday, May 1
Starting with a pep rally on Monday morning, the Student Council and Prefects have a week’s worth of spirited activities planned. Everyone is encouraged to wear school colours—blue and yellow—to Monday’s pep rally.
2. Super Duper Sports—and more!—Extravaganza Day: Permission forms due Monday, April 27
Students who wish to participate in any of Thursday’s special events…FHCI vs Police Hockey Game, sports activities, tour the Ontario College of Art and Design…must submit their permission forms on Monday.
3. Late Opening: Tuesday, April 28
We will follow the Late Opening Schedule, Page 44 of the Agenda Book, to allow for the monthly staff meeting.
4, School Council Education Series: Tuesday, April 28 at 7:00 PM
The FHCI School Council looks forward to welcoming you on Tuesday night to the presentation by Dr. Stuart Shanker, research professor of philosophy and psychology at York University. His topic is teen stress and how you can help you child de-stress. This is coming at a good time as students start to think about--and stress about!-- end of year evaluations. The presentation is in the FHCI Library at 7:00 PM.
5. “Full Disclosure Date:” Tuesday, April 28
The Ministry of Education has a policy of full disclosure. This policy states that all Grade 11 and 12 courses attempted by students must be recorded on the Ontario Student Transcript. Full disclosure does not apply to Grades 9 or 10 courses. Any Grade 11, 12 course completed, dropped or failed will appear on a student transcript along with the marks earned in the program. Full disclosure will take effect five instructional days following the issue of the April Provincial Report Card. This year’s ‘Full Disclosure Date is Tuesday, April 28. Grade 11 and 12 courses dropped by Tuesday will not appear on the student’s transcript. Please contact the Guidance Office if you wish more information.
6. Super Duper Sports—and more!—Extravaganza Day: Thursday, April 30
Students who submitted permission forms will participate in the variety of activities planned for Thursday. Classes will continue for students who have not signed up for activities.
7. School Council Meeting: Tuesday, May 5
8. Student Council Election Assembly: Thursday, May 7
9. Student Council Elections for 2015-2016: Friday, May 8