Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 06/01/2015 - 08:16
• As we are about to round the corner to June, I wonder, like you, where the school year has gone. Please remind your child of the critical importance of daily, on-time attendance from June 1 to June 15 as it is the material covered during this time period that will contribute to 30% of your child’s final mark.
• I believe we are also entering the final days of our roofing project. The fans are still in place in the halls, the AC in running on recirculated air during the day at an external temperature of 18°+, outside air is being pulled into the school overnight, and the odor neutralizer is available to classrooms that detect asphalt odors. I am grateful for the patience shown by students, parents/guardians, and staff as our new roof was installed. Next step is to have the solar panels mounted, but I understand that is a much less intrusive process and no smell!
• Have you received all the Markbook printouts owing to you from last week? If not, speak to your child and if that doesn’t bring the wanted results on Monday, please contact me. It is important that you know where your child stands in each course going into end-of-course evaluations.
• Have you completed the Parent-Guardian-Caregiver version of the School Climate Survey? I sent the information to you last week and I am hoping for a reply from every family in the school. Students and staff have their own individual surveys to complete. Please access the survey at https://eforms.tdsb.on.ca/lfserver/parentsurvey (copy and past into your browser). The survey for parents is also available in paper copy in all the languages listed on the back of the letter I sent in my previous email. If you need a translated version, please request one from me via email.
This week at FHCI…
1. PA Crew Tryouts: Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2
If your child wants to be part of the morning announcements crew that starts our school day was a smile, encourage your child to attend the PA Crew tryouts on Monday and Tuesday after school.
2. Athletic Banquet: Wednesday, June 3.
If your child played on a sports team, I hope the Athletic Banquet is on the family calendar. Students and coaches will share an evening of awards and happy memories from this year’s season. The awards ceremony and banquet are held after school. If your child would like to attend, but finances pose a challenge, please let me know so I can ensure your child can attend.
3. Coffee House: Thursday, June 4
Please come for a delightful evening of student performances in the foyer. This is a casual evening featuring good music and good fun. Performances start at 6:00 PM.
4. Grad Breakfast: Friday, June 5
On Friday morning, we host a breakfast from 8:15 to 8:45 AM for our graduating students. This is an informal gathering in our Fountain Courtyard, a chance for grads and the staff to connect before the students head off to their new destinations. Our 2015-2016 Prefects will be serving breakfast. Please check with your child and if I haven’t received an RSVP to the invitation I sent, please have your child send it along now.
5. Vocal Chamber Night: Tuesday, June 9, 7:00 PM
6. School Council Meeting: Wednesday, June 10, 7:00 PM
7. Grade 9 EQAO Math Test: Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12
8. Civics Exam: Friday, June 12
Forest Hill Collegiate Institute