Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 09/28/2015 - 11:28
Note: Parents/guardians, please remember to contact the school office (email@example.com or 416-393-1860) in the morning of your child’s absence from one or more classes that day. Include the absence reason in your message and it will be logged in your child’s record. Otherwise, in response to the phone message you will receive regarding the absence, please send your child to the main office early the next school day with a note from you with the absence reason. Thank you for your support in providing advanced absence notification.
The week that passed…
- Grade 9 Orientation at North York Civic Centre;
- School Council Meeting;
- EQAO Numeracy Test Information Assembly;
- American Universities Application Information Meeting;
- Special Education Information Night;
- Terry Fox Walk/Jog/Trot/Run;
- Club Fair. Whew!
It was a busy but very productive week at FHCI thanks to the efforts the organizers put in to ensure the success of each event. Our student leaders have done an excellent job this year in setting up major activities. We are lucky to have such talented and committed students.
This week at FHCI…
1. Tuesday, September 29: Late opening for monthly staff meeting Please check the schedule on page 44 of the Student Agenda Book for the day’s schedule. Teachers will be in morning meetings prior to the 9:50 AM start of Period 1.
2. Thursday, October 1 to October 6: Guidance Orientation for Students in Grade 9 The students in each Period 2 Grade 9 classes will cycle through a session in the Guidance Office to make students familiar with the services offered by our Guidance Counselors. The counselors will outline for the students all the sources of personal and academic help available to them through the Guidance Office. Looking ahead…
3. Markbook Printouts to all students in all classes: October 5 to October 9
4. Post-Secondary Programs Information Night for Parents/Guardians: Monday, October 5 at 6:30 PM
5. Early closing for Commencement: Friday, October 9. Shorten classes with curriculum delivery. Students will attend classes in the morning and be dismissed at 12:00 noon
6. Thanksgiving Monday: October 12. No classes.