This week news
Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 10/05/2015 - 07:54
Attendance Reminders · If your child is going to be absent for one or more classes, please be sure you contact the office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (416-393-1860) before the absence. · If your child wishes to leave school for part of a day, your child must come to the office first to sign out. The office staff will contact a parent/guardian prior to signing out your child.
This week at FHCI…
1. Markbook printouts to students: Monday to Friday, October 5 to 9 All our teachers keep records of student achievement on an electronic grade book called “Markbook”. Three times each semester, the teachers provide their students with a printout from Markbook that lists each mark earned to date in the course. The first printout will be issued over the five days of this week. I am sure you already realize this first printout will contain only a few marks and will reflect only minimal information. This is a very early indication of your child’s achievement in the first semester courses. The teachers give the printouts to students to take home to you on their behalf. Please be sure you see a printout for each of your child’s classes by the end of the week. I invite you to contact me if your child does not bring home each printout by the end of this week.
2. Post-secondary information night for parents/guardians: Monday, October 5 at 6:45 PM, FHCI Auditorium All parents/guardians are invited to an information evening where our guidance counsellors will outline options for students after high school graduation. They will talk about the application process for college and university, how to seek out financial assistance, and steps towards apprenticeships and the work of work. This will be of more significance to parents/guardians of students in Grade 11 and 12, although all parents/guardians are welcome to attend. Students receive the same information in presentations at school, but are also invited to join their parents/guardians at this information night.
3. Commencement: Friday, October 9 at 2:00 PM All four classes are scheduled for the morning on Friday with dismissal at 11:45. The early closing allows us time to prepare for the arrival of our graduates and hold our annual graduation ceremonies. The schedule for Friday is: Period 1: 9:00 - 9:40 Period 2: 9:45 - 10:20 Period 3: 10:25 - 11:00 Period 4: 11:05 - 11:45 Dismissal: 11:45
4. School closed: Thanksgiving Monday, October 12. I hope you are able to enjoy a happy Thanksgiving Monday with your family.
5. Progress reports and information about online booking for Parent/Teacher Interviews (Thursday, October 29) issued to students to take home to parents/guardians: Monday, October 19
6. School Council Meeting: Wednesday, October 21 at 7:00 PM
7. Staff meeting, late opening: Tuesday, October 27
8. Photo retake day: Tuesday, October 27
9. Parent/Teacher Interviews: Thursday, October 29, 1:00 to 3:00 PM and 6:30 to 9:00 PM (more information to follow)
10. Late Opening follow Parent/Teacher Interviews: Friday, October 30. See Late Opening class schedule on page 44 of the Student Agenda Book.
Peggy Aitchison Principal Forest Hill Collegiate Institute
Where students and staff take a stand against bullying
730 Eglinton Ave W Toronto,
ON M5N 1B9
416 393-1860 x 20010