Submitted by Aneta Costin on Sun, 11/22/2015 - 21:29
Coffee House thanks…
· To the organizers and performers at last week’s Coffee House, thank you from the audience for a great show. The individual and group performances were all terrific, as evidenced by the rousing applause from the audience after ever piece.
Student absence from classes…
· * * If your child is going to be absent from class, please let the office know in the morning by phoning 416-393-1860 or sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reason for absence in your message and we will log that on your child’s attendance profile.
· ** If your child needs to leave school during the day, please be sure your child signs out in the office. We will contact you before your child leaves the school.
This week at FHCI
1. Change of schedule: Tuesday, November 24
As you may be aware, the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation, the union that represents high school teachers, began a local withdrawal of selected services starting on November 4, 2015.
As a result of this job action, we will no longer be following the late start schedule currently in place for Tuesday, November 24. Instead, we will operate on a regular class day schedule on November 24, meaning school will start at 9:00 AM and end at 3:20 PM as usual.
2. Grade 8 Information Day: Tuesday, December 1, afternoon and evening
On Tuesday, December 1, we open our doors in the afternoon to prospective Grade 9 students—current Grade 8s who are visiting to see what FHCI has to offer them as their high school. So that we can show our student guests the features of the school, there will be no classes after lunch on December 1. I will send you the schedule of morning classes prior to that date.
3. Music Night: Thursday, December 3 at 7:00 PM (please note the change of date)
Please reserve Thursday, December 3 evening for a series of performances by students in our music program. The program begins at 7:00 PM. If your child is performing, please be sure to come. I can promise you an evening of wonderful entertainment.