Submitted by Aneta Costin on Mon, 04/11/2016 - 06:12
The FHCI School Council invites you to a presentation by Toronto Police Service, 53 Division, on Thursday, May 5. This is part of the School Council Education Series. Officers from 53 Division will speak from 7:00-8:30 PM in the FHCI library. Topics will including reducing your vulnerability to fraud, scams, electronic harassment, break and enter, and auto theft. Details are in the attached flyer. Please come and bring a friend. All members of the community are welcome. If you plan on attending, please reply to the invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30.
• The FHCI community responded generously to the request from the Social Action Committee for clothing donations to New Circles in support of Syrian refuges. Now we have a real challenge in transporting the clothes to New Circles. The delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. If you have some free time and a vehicle, we could use your help. Please let me know if you can join the delivery team.
• When students arrive at school on Monday, they will see ‘Pink’. On Friday, an enthusiastic group of students and staff decorated the foyer and main hallways for Day of Pink on Wednesday, April 13. Please encourage your child to show support of the Day of Pink initiative by wearing something pink on Wednesday.
What is the Day of Pink?
April 13, 2016 marks the International Day of Pink. It is a day where communities across the country, and across the world, can unite in celebrating diversity and raising awareness to stop homophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny, and all forms of bullying.
1. Markbook Printouts: April 11-15
Markbook Printouts will be given to students to take home from Monday to Friday this week. Please ensure you see all your child’s printouts.
2. Prom Assembly: Monday, April 11, Period 3
Students who plan to attend the Graduation Formal are invited to the assembly on Monday afternoon to here the arrangements for the afternoon/evening. Parents are required to sign the information letter, which includes a clear statement about the requirement that students attending the prom refrain from drug/alcohol use both before and during the prom. This includes pre-prom parties. We outline in the prom letter our reliance on the cooperation parents/guardians.
3. Student Council applications available: Tuesday, April 12
Students who wish to run for student council office for the coming school year may pick up an application in the main office. Applications must be submitted by April 20.
4. School Council Meeting: Wednesday, April 13
All members of the community are invited to come to the School Council meeting at 7:00 in the Staff Room on the main floor.
5. PA Day: Friday, April 15
This PA Day was added after the beginning of the school year and so does not appear in our Agenda Book. There will be no classes on Friday. The staff will be involved in Professional Development activities for the day.
Forest Hill Collegiate Institute